Lindsey Berg Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Inauguration Highlights




There has been a rumor going around that I went to the same high school as President Obama. So I just wanted to clear things up and tell everyone the rumor is absolutely true. Obama and I were both very fortunate to go to Punahou School in Honolulu, HI. As we all know this Presidential Election was one to remember for many reasons, so I decided to join my Mom at the Inauguration in DC.  Let me just say it was a once in a lifetime experience. I won't be surprised if I attend another one in the future, but I know there will never be one like this one. I was fortunate enough to attend a wonderful celebration hosted by Punahou School and Steve Case (Co-Founder of AOL) at his beautiful DC home. The amount of Punahou Alumni and supporters that flew to DC to see President Obama sworn in was amazing. The Hawaiian spirit was definitely in DC...Obama Ohana (Family in Hawaiian)


I was supposed to only stay one night in DC but decided to stay another night when I knew I could get tickets to "A night with Jay-Z." It was an intimate concert at the Warner Center. I would have to say it is in my top 3 concerts ever. I still think Tina Turner and Lionel Richie top my list.  They are the real deal.  Luckily I had my friend Jolie to enjoy the concert with me. Everyone was so friendly around the city.  It was an energy I can't explain.  It was amazing experiencing a historical moment like that and meeting the fabulous people that I did.  

Here are a couple pictures from the concert. Jay was incredible himself and to top things off he brought out Mary J, Young Jeezy, and Beyonce. Incredible.


   
I just want to talk about the concert a little bit. The live music, and the video screen behind the stage was amazing. The creative work that went into this concert was genius. The images shown on the big screen we touching and made the concert more of a celebration then just a normal concert.  Again the energy in the building from the performers to the audience was like nothing I have ever experienced.  Obviously the energy of the Olympics compares but at a different level.  I wish I could experience the energy of the Inauguration all over again.  Goose bumps is all I can say...

I have a great life no doubt about it. Thank you Mom and Dad, without your guidance, support, and unconditional love I would not be where I am today. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment