Lindsey Berg Blog

Saturday, August 8, 2009

National Team Update


I know it seems like I forgot about Volleyball a little bit on my blog, but I will have to admit it is hard to talk about it when I'm not competing.  But I am still on the National team training right now and hope to be competing in September for the NORCECA Championship.  But as we speak my team USA is representing at World Grand Prix.  For all of you that don't know... this tournament happens every summer.  It's the longest tournament ever...3 weeks guaranteed and a 4th if you make the finals.  USA sent a predominately young team this year,  along with Olympians Stacy Sykora, Nicole Davis, and Nancy Metcalf to lead by experience.  Off to Brazil they went for the first week.

Germany def. USA 25-15 25-26 25-15 (the first match is always a tough one...look for them to bounce back)

USA def. Puerto Rico 21-25, 20-25, 25-23, 25-14, 15-13 (told you they would bounce back)

Brazil def. USA 25-18, 25-22, 25-13 (we stuck close @ the start but the Olympic Gold Team was a little too much...we got them in 3 years don't worry)

It was a tough first week, but I know week two is looking bright for them.  They traveled for almost 32 hours to Chinese Taipei where they found themselves in the middle of a typhoon. Am I happy that I'm not there? Just joking.  After a couple days of practice they were ready to match up with fellow NORCECA team Dominica Republic.

USA def. Dominican Republic 25-18, 25-19, 23-25, 21-25, 23-21 (what a match, can't wait to watch it on video)

Netherlands def. USA 12-25, 25-22, 25-16, 21-25, 15-13 ( I wish I was there to watch that one...what a promising future for us. Netherlands a very experienced team)

Next up is Germany again tomorrow.  I have a feeling Germany is in for a unpleasant surprise. They didn't see the real USA the first time.  Wow I got goose bumps writing that...I can't wait to be back out on the court in that uniform.  Good luck ladies...miss u guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment