Lindsey Berg Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Gopher Land

I got back to Minneapolis on Thursday ready for a great dinner with 2 of my great friends.  I met Laura and Kat at the new restaurant in the warehouse district of Minneapolis.  It is called Bar La Grassa.  Ofcourse now that I'm living in Italy again all I wanted to do was eat Italian when I was in the States..not really...but I couldn't pass up trying the new restaurant in the city.  Things to try if you go there...

Beet and Avocado with Citrus
Ricotta and Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
Silk Hankerchiefs with Basil Pesto
Pappardelle with Veal Ragu



Very cool interior...a mix of industrial and elegance.  Loved it.  Great company, wine and food.  I was also very lucky that my good friend Kevin stopped by to say hi.  Always great to see him and always makes the conversations interesting.

Friday I had a lot to do.  First stop ARP wave clinic where I did most of my knee rehab this past year.  Good to see Phil who helped me a lot and got some other ideas on how to stay healthy.  Next stop Mall of America.  I can't go to Minneapolis and not visit my friends at Nordstroms.  I had a great shopping day but fortunately didn't buy too much.  Here is one great piece that I did get...


         

Mike & Chris Studded Leather Jacket w/ Hood

I love my jacket...I have worn it with jeans, leggings, a dress.  So much you can do with a piece like this.    Get one...but preferably not the same one.

After a long day it was time to get ready for the Gopher Volleyball game.  I was excited to see the girls in action since I was the volunteer coach for them last spring.  I was also very excited to see my old teammate and great friend Nicole Branagh along with some other MN alums.  Nicole went to the  Beijing Olympics as well but played on the beach...here she is in action.



After the first set...Nicole and I were surprised with a...can you guys go to the center of the court and be introduced?  I had no idea this was going to happen...and of course I was dressed in one of my high fashion, out there outfits.  Over the knee report signature boots, american apparel leather leggings, Maison Martin Margiela shirt, mike & chris leather jacket, and Louis Vuitton camo scarf...it was quite an outfit, and the MN volleyball crowd was not prepared for it.  Luckily we were out there for only about 2 embarrassing minutes.  The ladies pulled out a quick win...which I enjoyed since I don't normally like to watch volleyball on my time off.  The team and alums gathered in the team room after...it was great seeing everyone.  And thanks to Jenna, Kat and Paz for being my support group at the game.


                    

Paz & Kat

After the game Jenna and I met my good friends Quincy and JB at JD Hoyts.  Another favorite of mine in the city...you have to get a buddy bowl with catfish...incredible.  Turned out to be a great night.  I had to get a little rest for the big tailgating in the morning with Jenna and the crew for the Gopher football game.

It was my first time seeing the new Gopher football stadium finished.  I was lucky my flight didn't leave until 3 so I got to partake in the fun tailgating festivities and see half of the game.  On the menu for tailgating was a Thanksgiving feast.  I was very excited about this cause I didn't know if I was going to have turkey on Thanksgiving.  Great food, and drinks and now it was game time.  Here is Jenna as we make our way to the stadium.


              

Great outfit...


              


The stadium was so beautiful.  Luckily it was incredibly warm...I actually got hot at the game since Jenna's seats were in the sun.  It was a fabulous day.  Actually a fabulous week.  I want to thank my team for getting 10 points in the first 4 games, allowing me to come home for a week.

The vacation was officially over and it was time to get back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment