Lindsey Berg Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pallavolo Update

Just a little pallavolo (volleyball) update.

Villa Cortese vs. Pesaro 25-22, 14-25, 26-24, 19-25, 15-12

Pesaro is one on my ex's.  I spent my first 3 years in Italy in Pesaro.  It is a great little city and I had wonderful years there.  But it was definitely time to move on when I did, but I appreciate the time I spent there and all the great people I met in Pesaro.  This game was going to be a challenge...playing again without one of our star players.  But the team came together, played with heart and never game up and came out with a huge win.  Felt great getting another w...Next up was Heather Bown's (Olympic teammate/friend) team Jesi.

Villa Cortese vs. Jesi 25-20, 22-25, 25-11, 25-17


Going into this game we were in 2nd place and Jesi was 1 point ahead of us in first.  In all of my years in Italy, Jesi has always had a strong team.  We knew we had to play some good volleyball to pull out a win.  It was great having Tai Aguero back playing, and we were playing for 1st place, and a possible 3 days off.  We didn't play our best but it was good enough. Another win and 3 days of relaxation...what else could we ask for.  Next up Pavia...

1 comment:

  1. Lin, it was a joy and a privilege to have the chance to watch you play in person again (on TV, not the same!).
    Even though I support Pesaro, I have to say you guys deservedly won and I was reminded why I was so pissed when you and the team parted ways. Looking forward to seeing you again in the playoffs. Congrats on this blog and have a great Christmas,

    Alberto

    ReplyDelete