Lindsey Berg Blog

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Slackin...

Well...I have been horrible with my blog skills.  I guess I am still getting settled here in LA.  I finally moved into my new Loft.  Slowly but surely I am filling it with furniture and making plans for some renovations when I leave back to play overseas.  I am loving living in Cali.  I get to do what I love to do...which is volleyball and I also get to explore some other interests I have.  It is quite a difference from living and training in Colorado Springs.  There is actually something I could be doing at all times.  It is having a life while playing volleyball, something I am not used to and trying to manage.  My knee is doing great and just trying to get better and stronger everyday.  I am on my grind because it's my time...just my new little saying.  I don't know if I mentioned before that I signed with another Italian team...Villa Cortese.  I am so excited to be back in Italy playing.  I miss the competition and the intensity of the sport. Training in Anaheim is going well.  Loving Hugh's (our coach) style of play and coaching.  I have learned more about volleyball in 2 months than I have in the last 15 years.  I'm excited to actually play under him as soon as I'm back competing.

A couple weekends ago my good friend Jack Brewer had a big fundraiser for his and Marion Barber's foundation.  I had a great time.  My girlfriend Kat worked very hard to put it together and it turned out fabulous.  So many of my old college friends were there and it was just a blast. Mint Conditioned performed...they are so talented.  Kat got to sing one song with them and she was great...it's really where she should be.  Here some pictures of her doing her thing...she looks great.
Kat & Rick

Kat, Ini & I

Kat & I

I had a great time putting my outfits together for these events.  I also went a little out of my comfort zone with my hair.  Sporting bangs and a ponytail for the main event.  It was a little much for the normal Minnesota fashion...but I'm going to be me where ever I am.  I had the perfect little dress (Gucci) paired with Louis Vuitton heels, bag and earrings...loved it.  It will be repeated many times...and I don't care what people say about it.  Overall the weekend was a success and I am proud of Jack and his foundation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment