Lindsey Berg Blog

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Big Time Win

Finally we are playing like our team should be.  Can we still get better?  Of course we can...but last night we played some real good volleyball.  We were up against a dangerous, Russian-like team by the name of Conegliano.  I say Russian-like because they were giant.  In their previous 2 matches they had a total of 38 blocks...pretty unheard of.  With only a little time to prepare for this match after our loss to Bergamo, we spent a lot of time watching video as a team, and surprisingly I watched some by myself.  I knew that my job as a setter was going to be difficult playing against such a good blocking team, and I wanted to be prepared to give my hitters the best chance they could.

We came out on fire, serving tough, blocking well, and hitting past their enormous block.  I felt in such a great rhythm I was able to give my hitters the best opportunity for a kill.  They only had 6 blocks all match...normally they have 6 a set.  Other then a slight run by them in the end of the 2nd set...we dominated the match.  It felt great...and even better we got 3 points...now just 3 points away from a week off.

Next up Castellana Grotte...down to the dirty South

No comments:

Post a Comment