Lindsey Berg Blog

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tough Loss


USA vs Cuba 25-19, 25-16, 16-25, 26-28, 10-15






Tonight we had a tough loss against Cuba.  We came out fighting and managing the game well winning the first 2 sets pretty easily.  But The Cubans never back down.  They came back banging their jumps serves, hitting high over our block, and coming up with some spectacular plays.  We finally got our act together in the end of the 4 leading 22-20.  Unfortunately we made some unforced errors to let then back in the set and ultimately gave it up.  The 5th set is always tough after loosing a close one.  Cuba jumped out early and we just couldn't catch up.  Overall, we had some great things going on, and obviously have a lot to learn.  Every chance we get to play is an opportunity to get better and continue the learning process.  It is great to be put in tough situations as this one and I am positive we will continue to learn from our mistakes and build off of our progress.

On a positive note, my old friend Jorge Alifonso (who played at University of Hawaii) was able to be at the match.  I got to catch up with him a little, remembering some great times in Hawaii. It is just great when you can go for years without seeing a good friend and pick up right from where you left off.  Great friends are hard to come by these days, and I am blessed to have some fabulous ones in my life.  Thanks Jorge for making my day.

And lastly I want to thank all of my blog supporters...this blog is a way for me to update my friends, family, and fans on my volleyball adventures and other passions.  I love writing in it and hope to continue entertaining all that read it.  I'm signing off for the night.  Next up is Costa Rica.

No comments:

Post a Comment