Lindsey Berg Blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.  Unfortunately I am here in Italy and can't be with my family but I am very thankful for being in Italy and doing what I do.  Spontaneously I asked Aury Cruz (my teammate) if her friend ("The Chef") wanted to cook a turkey and do Thanksgiving dinner.  "The Chef" agreed so we decided what everyone was providing and planned the dinner.

Last night we (Megan Hodge, Omar (Megan's boyfriend), Aury Cruz, AD (Aury's boyfriend), Walter ("The Chef") and I) gathered at my apartment for Thanksgiving dinner.  It was a little random but good enough.  Turkey, chorizo stuffing, onion risotto, sweet potatoes,  spinach w/ pancetta, salad, bread, apple tart, and tiramisu.  It actually hit the spot and did feel like a Thanksgiving meal.


The Turkey


My plate (well the 1st one)


Lastly and most importantly I just want to say Thank you.  I am so thankful to have to best and most supportive family in the world.  Words can't even explain what they mean to me and how blessed I really am.  I am also thankful for the incredible friends that I have, and all the opportunities I have been given in life.  I should be thankful everyday because I really do have a wonderful life.

Here are some pics of my incredible family


Mom, Dad & I


Dad, Lexi, & Noa


My sis Erin & her lil ones


Lala (My Grandma) & I


Dad, Mom & Lala in Japan


I hope everyone had a wonderful Turkey Day...cause I sure did.

Ciao from Italia...

No comments:

Post a Comment