Lindsey Berg Blog

Monday, May 4, 2009

Miami

I am so behind in my blog.  I was in Italy, Minnesota, Miami, North Carolina, and California all in one month and haven't had much free time to update everyone.  I finally finished my Italian update so now it's time for Miami.

First of all this was my first trip to Miami...I actually went my freshman year in college to see a high school friend but we didn't really experience Miami so I don't count it. The main reason for the trip was to celebrate the 3rd Anniversary of the Jack Brewer Foundation.  A month or 2 ago I was in NY for one of his events.  I try to support his foundation as much as possible and hope to be more involved soon.  

I got there on Thursday and arrived at the Fontainebleau Hotel.   Supposedly the place to be.  The event was being held in one of the Penthouses.  The space was unbelievable...4 or 5 bedrooms, private pool, jacuzzi, ocean view and everything else you can think of.  I immediately changed into my zebra print swimsuit and got some sun.  After then venturing down to the pool at the private cabana, I checked into my room and decided to chill out a little.  As I was relaxing I tried to find my wallet...no where to be found.  I was going crazy.  It wasn't at the Penthouse, wasn't anywhere.  All I could think of was it was stolen out of my purse or I left it in the taxi cab...too bad there are about 1 million cabs in the city.  I was certain it was gone and immediately started cancelling everything.  What a way to start my trip...I was so angry and couldn't shake it.  I met Jack and a couple of his friends at one of the 9 restaurants in the hotel. The food was amazing...yet I was still mad.  We decided to hit up the club Set...I was still mad.  I decided to call it a night, and wait for my friend Kat to arrive into MIA so I could vent to her. She got in around 2am and we both passed out...hoping for a better day.

The next couple days were filled with sun and helping Jack get ready for the party.  We went to a couple great restaurants.  One called Vita...amazing.  I had the best artichoke & lobster salad. Probably one of the best dishes I have ever had.  We also got some Cuban food on Ocean Dr. the last night at Larios on the Beach.  Great food.  The other clubs with we checked out were LIV in the Fontainebleau hotel (good music, good crowd), and the Louis Lounge in the Gansevoort Hotel (cool vibe).

Overall the trip was a success. Oh wait did I mention my wallet got returned...yes 24 hours later.  A photographer that works with Jack was in the Penthouse when I first arrived. Somehow my wallet ended up in his photo bag...don't ask cause I don't know.  And he also felt the need to tell me that he found it next to his Gold Bond that his friend needed for a reason I should not say.  Anyway, long story short, I was happy since I got all of my info and wallet back, but still was mad that he had it for a whole day and I had already cancelled everything.  But the trip ended on a high note.

I was then off to North Carolina to see my sis and her little ones...Lexi and Noa.






No comments:

Post a Comment